POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Auto Portraits in Watt Street (Waiting for Jaime) : Re: Auto Portraits in Watt Street (Waiting for Jaime) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Auto Portraits in Watt Street (Waiting for Jaime)
From: Rene Bui
Date: 14 Jul 2006 06:40:01
Message: <web.44b77324f42cac08bff024c0@news.povray.org>
"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> Excellent joke, Rene.
>
> I like the idea of combining this three car models, but wouldn't have
> thought of integrating portaits of the artists.
> Is the background made with povray or is it based on a photo?
> There seems to be an issue with the tires of the mini. They are too big. The
> subtle rusty texture on the car body is extremely good, but the textures of
> the iron girders aren't good enough.

The background is made with simple photos mapped on boxes.
Geometry and almost textures of the mini are original (made by Gilles),
however, the rusty on the body is 2d post-processing because I didn't have
the mini uv-maps.

Note that the Watt street (rue Watt) really exists. It is an old street in
Paris (the only one with no houses), with an overpass above the train
tracks.

> One of the best povray images I've ever seen!
>
> Norbert Kern

great compliment, thank you Norbert !! ;-)