POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Constant width grid : Re: Constant width grid Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Constant width grid
From: Carl
Date: 9 Jul 2006 21:15:00
Message: <web.44b1a9a2e4538ab647c7ed100@news.povray.org>
"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote:
> Looking at the last image you linked to (grid4.png), I don't believe there
> is any sort of effect being applied at all. The reason your image doesn't
> fade to white at the horizon like the original does is a lack of
> anti-aliasing - rays are not hitting the white lines often enough to know
> they're there. Try AA settings +AM2 +A0.0 +R3 and see what sort of results
> you get.
>
>  - Slime
>  [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

The AA is quite high in that last image already. I think that one was made
with +AM2 +A0.0 +R4. I've played with this enough to know that there is
more going on in the TRON images then just AA.  For example the grid fades
to all white... not all black as it should.  Remember the white grid lines
only cover about 2% of the grid surface.  The perpandicular grid lines are
certainly getting wider with distance from the camera.  So much so that the
surface is all white just a few grid squares away from the camera in that
last shot.

Carl