POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vegetation simulation WIP 1 : Re: Vegetation simulation WIP 1 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vegetation simulation WIP 1
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 8 Jul 2006 16:50:01
Message: <web.44b01a322617f101b0eea8730@news.povray.org>
"M_a_r_c" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

> Wonderfull!!
> I think you used it for your IRTC Light and Fog entry and not for the Music
> round.

Thank you, Marc!
In my 'Music' entry I used a single gradient pigment to control distribution
of grass, shrubs and trees. The flowers were meant to look like outpoured
notes from the violin. They were placed with the help of masks.

In my new entry for the 'Light and Fog' round I intended to use a plant
distribution tool in fact, but there was no time to accomplish it.
Now I want to demonstrate to myself, that I'm able to create such a tool.

There are good plant and tree generators and some have written excellent
landscape generators for povray. I hope to close the gap betwen them.

Norbert Kern