POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vegetation simulation WIP 1 : Re: Vegetation simulation WIP 1 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vegetation simulation WIP 1
From: stm31415
Date: 8 Jul 2006 12:55:01
Message: <web.44afe30b2617f10158f44e3c0@news.povray.org>
I'm being told to get offline, so I haven't gotten more than a page into the
PDF, but I assume there is some way of determining how a plant is replaced?
Can it depend on elevation, or water concentration? That is, do I get to
make an image (or something) that would allow variations in the ecosystem,
have a higher plant density at a creek and lower on rocky ground, with
varaiation in the type of population in each area? It seems like it would
be too hard to give the replacement a type given a probability map for the
set of possible plants. I just going off the top of my head here, but this
is really, really cool - it's got me excited.
Thanks for showing it to us.

-s
5TF!