POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : #write and float decimal places : Re: #write and float decimal places Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #write and float decimal places
From: Viktor
Date: 28 Jun 2006 05:20:00
Message: <web.44a2489e693fe4322e5803820@news.povray.org>
Sorry, rather than having someone telling me how many decimal places I need,
I'd like to have the following statement in the #write documentation:

Instead of

"Float expressions are evaluated and written as signed float literals. If
you require format control, you should use the str(VALUE,L,P) function to
convert it to a formatted string."

it should say:

"Float expressions are evaluated and written as signed float literals,
rounded to five decimal places. If you require format control or more
precision, you should use the str(VALUE,L,P) function to convert it to a
formatted string."

As this is not at all obvious! I'm working with fractals, and more than six
decimal places DO matter for me.