POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Solar Eclipse : Re: Solar Eclipse Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:16:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Solar Eclipse
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 26 Jun 2006 07:55:00
Message: <web.449fca8a30daf1521bd1c060@news.povray.org>
"EagleSun" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> This is a really nice eclipse!  Thanks for posting it.

Thanks EagleSun!

Actually, this picture looks quite different on my monitor at work. The
background should be a very deep blue, almost black. (My monitor at home is
a bit strange). You may need to do a gamma correction of around 0.8 to see
it the way it was designed.

> Now it looks like you need an alpha render, so that later you can change the
> background.

That's a good idea, but it renders so fast that it can easily be re-rendered
as desired.

An eclipse simulator in POV... there's an interesting thought...