POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Knotworld final (probably) : Re: Knotworld final (probably) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Knotworld final (probably)
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 22 Jun 2006 06:35:00
Message: <web.449a71663724c98c731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Thanks everyone... looks like this one's a hit!

Sven:
> And then I would like to ask you to publish (or e-mail me) a larger
> version of this image, I want to add it to my desktop backgrounds!
Follow the link given for the 1600 x 1200 version... that's the largest I've
rendered. I can't really render anything larger, although I'd love to (it'd
be great to put it on zazzle, for a start) - it'd take over 3 months to
render a 6400 x 4800 image on my iBook, not counting the inevitable memory
overflow... unless someone has some kick-ass hardware lying around!

Paolo:
> Do you like Hayao Miyazaki? Some of your works (including this) remember
> me his scenes.
I do, very much - I think Miyazaki's films are among the most visually
beautiful I've ever seen, and he tells great stories with great characters.
I'm not consciously influenced by his work, but I see where you're coming
from (Laputa: Castle in the Sky particularly). Praise indeed!

Darren:
> Most excellent. Where do the planes land? :-)
You got me. At least you didn't spot the absence of pilots... :-/

I've started a new project now, but I'll try to render a couple of detail
pictures from knotworld over the coming weeks.

Bill