POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Knotworld final (probably) : Knotworld final (probably) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Knotworld final (probably)
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 21 Jun 2006 05:20:01
Message: <web.44990ee783d5ea31731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Phew! After 146 hours of rendering, knot world is finally finished. My iBook
ran out of memory halfway through, but luckily I could turn off some stuff
and restart it with +C so it ended up OK.

For the knotted-loop connoisseur:
Foreground - granny knot.
Middle distance - figure-eight knot.
Far distance (bottom right) - trefoil knot.

Yes, that's a giant figure-eight knot in the hazy sky, and yes, that's Aiko3
on the balcony in the foreground, wearing next to nothing as per usual.

1600x1200 version here:
http://www.infradead.org/~wmp/knotworld_1600x1200.jpg

(Incidentally, http://www.infradead.org/~wmp/ has almost everything I've
ever rendered on it somewhere, so have a look.)

I'd love to have followed some of the suggestions offered for this work from
Comment and critique welcomed, as always.

enjoy
Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'knotworld_1024x768.jpg' (305 KB)

Preview of image 'knotworld_1024x768.jpg'
knotworld_1024x768.jpg