POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Penrose Floor : Re: WIP - Penrose Floor Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:24:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Penrose Floor
From: Jon Buller
Date: 20 Jun 2006 00:30:01
Message: <web.449778f5577206902ff3aa640@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> wrote:

> The colors are generated randomly.
> #declare R1 = seed(676);
> pigment { rgb<rand(R1)*1,rand(R1)*1,rand(R1)*1> }
> I'm not really sure how all the code works. I will post it if you would like
> to see it.

I was picking colors that way for a while, but I didn't remember them being
quite so bright and vibrant.  OTOH, my daughter wanted one of those images
for her desktop wallpaper and it was really bright and vibrant too, so maybe
it was similar to your colors... 8^)  I think I might go back to that again,
or at least play with it a bit more.

[ I wrote... ]
> > P.S. I have a set of macros that do Penrose Rhombs, and another that do
> > Penrose Kites and Darts (more like your image).  I have found them easier
> > to work with and more flexible than any other ones I've seen posted, but
> > I'm probably rather biased.  The others were helpful with a few hints and a
> > push to actually do it, though.  If you (or anyone else) is interested, I'll
> > finish cleaning them up and post them.
>
> I'm interested. Even if they are unclean.
> Thanks, Janet

I'll clean them up a bit, delete all the fluff and cruft, and make a demo
image or two.  Expect to see the demo images here in a day or two, and the
files in the same post or in p.b.s-f depending on how long they turn out to
be.

Jon