POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Penrose Floor : Re: WIP - Penrose Floor Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Penrose Floor
From: Janet
Date: 18 Jun 2006 11:45:01
Message: <web.449573c757720690d76f1f750@news.povray.org>
"PM 2Ring" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Are those curves on the tiles derived from the Conway lines? If not they
> sure look a lot look like Conway lines.
>
> With those colours it could be a stained glass wall as well as a floor.

Stained Glass... that could be nice. I'd have to work on the leading. Thanks
for the idea.
I don't know what Conway lines are, but please enlighten me. The lines are a
normal function:
#declare phi=Phi-1;
#declare Fc1 = Phi;
#declare Fc2 = phi;
#declare Func = function {
         cos(x) * cos(z) + cos((sqrt(Fc1)*x-z)/Fc2) *
         cos((x+sqrt(Fc1)*z)/Fc2) + cos((sqrt(Fc1)*x+z)/Fc2) *
         cos((x-sqrt(Fc1)*z)/Fc2) }

You can change Fc1 and Fc2 to get different patterns. I found this function
here: http://www.interq.or.jp/blue/kawashu/gallery/unofficial.html