POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : boulder : Re: boulder Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: boulder
From: Kenneth
Date: 13 Jun 2006 03:30:01
Message: <web.448e688872e4196ed311dd050@news.povray.org>
"Abe" <bul### [at] taconicnet> wrote:
> Mesh based boulder created via John VanSickle's rock macros. I was always
> kind of impressed by
> http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/sneakpeek/boulder.html and wished I
> could get that terragen rock "look" into POV. Didn't really achieve it here
> (for a number of reasons), but it was fun anyway.
>
> Abe

Very nice!  My very first impression, though, was that it looks like a big
chunk of a big mountain. Not sure why--perhaps the moss is in
too-clearly-delineated groups, especially in the 2nd image (the way
separated forest areas look, seen
from far away.) Other than that, the textures look great.

Ken W.