POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : boulder : Re: boulder Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: boulder
From: Abe
Date: 9 Jun 2006 21:10:00
Message: <web.448a1ad772e4196ed212d3ca0@news.povray.org>
It does give that appearence, although I thought I might get away with it.
My
intention was to have the lichens kind of curl up at the edges, but instead
the appearence is that the whole lichen becomes depressed into the rock.

If I can straighten out the code, I'll try a couple of different approaches
to the surface texture to see if it is possible to resolve the issue.

I really wish I had some sort of GUI like WorldMachine for building up
textures - it's a real challange for me keeping it all straight in SDL and
in my head!

Abe