POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Human figure experiments : Re: Human figure experiments Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:15:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Human figure experiments
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 9 Jun 2006 09:40:00
Message: <web.4489790f5bdbbd1a731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Florian Brucker <tor### [at] torfboldcom> wrote:
> Looks fine!
>
> > this image is a detail from a much larger scene. All will become
> > clear when I've finished it!
>
> Deep inside I'm still waiting for you to continue your knot worlds - And
> this one looks like the right direction ;) *hopes*

Be reassured, this is indeed intended for knotworld! This lovely lady will
be gazing out over the surreal vista... I'd always intended to have some
sort of people in the finished product, so it seemed a good time to take a
break and learn how to use Daz Studio. She's a bit overkill for how
prominent she'll be in the final image (a 17MB mesh2 include for one tiny
figure in the corner of the screen! Eek!) but I'll do some detail closeups
in addition to the main image.

Progress on the knots is slow because I'm having trouble with my brickwork,
and it takes over an hour for a test render even with the simplest scene
settings (~30mins parsing!). I've finished texturing it now, so there's
just some small details to be added, some small bugs to be ironed out, some
random seeds to be juggled and then I can start the pretrace. And then...

Watch this space, as they say. :)