POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Human figure experiments : Re: Human figure experiments Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Human figure experiments
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 9 Jun 2006 09:05:01
Message: <web.448971015bdbbd1a731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sve### [at] jamaica-focuscom> wrote:
> Hi!
Hi!

> I also tried something with humans. But I cannot export really good to
> POV-Ray, and I unfortunatelly don't have figures like "Aiko" and the others.
The Aiko, Victoria and Michael figures are free from DAZ
(http://www.daz3d.com/) at the moment. You need to register to download
(also free).

As for converting, I used PoseRay without really changing any settings,
pretty easy really. Just load the .obj file, ignore all the warnings,
export to POV files only (..._geom.inc and ..._mat.inc), and then look in
the "..._mat.inc" file to see what image maps etc it wants.

> Here I just made some fun posings, on top of a tower of an anceint Roman
> galley (ship still to be developed - I would need help).
What happened to all your normals? Those guys are lookin somewhat angular!
:-)

Good luck with the ship...!

Bill