POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another, Pondering Sheep Image : Re: Another, Pondering Sheep Image Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:41:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another, Pondering Sheep Image
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 8 Jun 2006 19:15:00
Message: <web.4488adb8df8d5bed43a5e2560@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sve### [at] jamaica-focuscom> wrote:
> I live in the capital, Kingston. And there, in the district New Kingston,
> which is the business district. I live and work from my home. Working for
> that government, but also for companies, NGOs and persons.
>
> But don't think, Jamaica is nice. It is not, actually. It is too corrupt,
> prices are therefore very high and standards low, and criminals truly all
> over. Take a bus and you have a 33%-chance to be robbed out on that route.
> Not much infrastructure there, no social structure at all.

I've never heard a good word about Kingston; only that it's an impoverished
third world slum.  But how is the rest of the island?  I've heard good
about Montego Bay, but i don't know what the rural areas are like.

> The attached photo is NOT Jamaica, but we have very similar views. It is a
> shame that I even have no scenic picture on my computer...
> Who knows? Maybe someone makes scenic renders of the Caribbean, such as this
> photo. Creating own lagoons and white palm beaches...

I live in the Virgin Islands.  I'd started working on a beach study, but i
haven't invested the time to create finished scenes.  I'd gotten as far as
sand, sea water, rocks, and reflective beach balls, but no vegetation.

When i was a child, i spent a summer in Heidelberg, (West) Germany.  My
uncle was in the US Army, and was stationed there.  I went there with
dreams of learning German, optimistic because of its common roots with
English.  Unfortunately, my cousin felt he had to shelter me from "the
Germans," and didn't learn anything.  Years later i stopped in my tracks as
the thought came to me, "Hey, wait a minute!  I was in GERMANY.  Shouldn't i
have just told my cousin, 'Let's keep going!  I'm SUPPOSED to meet
Germans'?"  (I know, my reflexes are kind of slow.)