POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another, Pondering Sheep Image : Re: Another, Pondering Sheep Image Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:39:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another, Pondering Sheep Image
From: Stephen
Date: 8 Jun 2006 05:05:00
Message: <web.4487e74fdf8d5bedc6b359800@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sve### [at] jamaica-focuscom> wrote:
> I live in the capital, Kingston. And there, in the district New Kingston,
> which is the business district. I live and work from my home. Working for
> that government, but also for companies, NGOs and persons.
>
> But don't think, Jamaica is nice. It is not, actually. It is too corrupt,
> prices are therefore very high and standards low, and criminals truly all
> over. Take a bus and you have a 33%-chance to be robbed out on that route.
> Not much infrastructure there, no social structure at all.
>
> The only nice things there are the girls, the nature and the water/beaches.
> Hmm, and the sun and the palms. Scuba-diving there is also nice, as well as
> renting a yacht for cruising some days and nights between the nearby small
> islands (Lime Cay, 3 miles off Port Royal).
>
> Sugar and salt. Probably more salt, still.
>
> The attached photo is NOT Jamaica, but we have very similar views. It is a
> shame that I even have no scenic picture on my computer...
> Who knows? Maybe someone makes scenic renders of the Caribbean, such as this
> photo. Creating own lagoons and white palm beaches...

I worked in Kingston for D&G 98 to 99. I lived in a hotel in uptown Kingston
then moved to a gated estate in Manor Park. Buses are not for Europeans
although I met a Dutch woman who was bussing it round the island on her
days off. I had a car and was treated like a minor deity and had a good
time. If you can get into the countryside the people there are much

exist to rip off tourists. But who can blame them when their beaches are

where the locals go. There are lots of ok things to do.

PS I hate "Soon come"

Stephen