POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sphere sweep objects with focal blur : Re: Sphere sweep objects with focal blur Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sphere sweep objects with focal blur
From: stm31415
Date: 4 Jun 2006 08:55:01
Message: <web.4482d7c8a02983919e755de40@news.povray.org>
Hmm. I would look at composition first, before any effects. As the 'wrong
image' shows, when you let things fall out the ends of the image,
especially the corners, that gives a much more effective illusion. All your
little knots are the same size and gathered right in the center of the
image. Place some way-far-off, and a few right up in the camera view, and
then you can use the same apeture to get a good clear DOF. If you keep the
up-close ones out of the center of the camera, you will naturally get some
interesting lines that lead the eye deeper in the image. If you like one,
you can accentuate it by placing another knot on the line.
If you are going to place your focus on the center, make it a warm-colored
knot - again, leads the eye. You could, as you say, place the focus
elsewhere - I think, however, that that will be an artistic choice rather
than a... um... psycho-optical one(?)

Anyway, cool image.

-s
5TF!