POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ball of Random Boxes : Re: Ball of Random Boxes Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ball of Random Boxes
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 30 May 2006 00:05:01
Message: <web.447bc342a72e66f4ad93754b0@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> wrote:
> "PM 2Ring" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > There are a couple of links to knots, at least one of which is dead, but I
> > can't see that one in the list. At least, it's not in the top level,
> > although it may be linked to from one of the existing links. I don't know
> > if I'm actually allowed to add links to the list, but I'll certainly
> > recommend this one: it's excellent, Janet! I could spend many hours
> > browsing that page.
> Knotplot has been mentioned in the POV-Ray newsgroups. The creator does seem
> to be updating it, so thats always a good thing.

Ok, it should already be linked then, but if not I'll try to get it on the
list.

> > I tried to do a simple trefoil knot many years ago in DKBtrace, using a REXX
> > program to calculate the positions of the spheres with trig functions. I got
> > some pretty images, but I was never able to get the exact shape I wanted.
> You are a brave, brave person. :)

I was just playing around with 3D Lissajous figures. DKBtrace was a pure
SDL, there was no programming abilities, so anything fancy had to be done
with external programs. REXX is really good for quick development.

> A knotplot image in my gallery ==> http://www.deviantart.com/view/31865726/

Nice! You should try it with some reflection mapping.