POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Earth: Your Advices are Welcome : Re: Earth: Your Advices are Welcome Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Earth: Your Advices are Welcome
From: EagleSun
Date: 28 May 2006 23:40:00
Message: <web.447a6bdda626bc349756002c0@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> > Sven Littkowski wrote:
> > > - despite of ambient 0.0 the atmosphere is even visible on night side
> >
> > Obvious with emitting media...
>
> Sven, i hardly see any atmosphere at all.  Guess the sky could be a little
> higher? ;)
>
> and i think the correct setting for an atmosphere would be scattering media,
> not emitting.  But it's far slower.
>
> and BTW, do we really see our city lights from space?  I thought most
> cientists believe our civilization would go unnoticed by an eventual
> observer at a quick glance of our planet...

> and i think the correct setting for an atmosphere would be scattering media,
> not emitting.  But it's far slower.

AH yes, that's it... Emitting lights up at night.... in my atmosphere, I use
"scattering" which produces the most realistic results.  I posted my
atmosphere macro in another forum on this news group, the "rings cutting
the atmosphere" or something like that, when I posted a question on another
problem.