POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : df3 creation revisited ... : Re: df3 creation revisited ... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: df3 creation revisited ...
From: Jaap
Date: 28 May 2006 05:45:01
Message: <web.447970c8f5631975a8399d8d0@news.povray.org>
David El Tom <dav### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> yepp, got the same result ...
>
> BUT, if you comment out the grid you get the following result (see
> attached render)

strange. I did experiment a bit with slightly rotating the camera and/or the
cloud yesterday, but that did not help.
It's defenately the grid. with just the horizontal grid lines I only get the
horizontal black bar. if I decrease the grid (cylinder) radius, the black
bar is thinner too. It almost looks like the grid is casting a shadow on
the cloud, bot the grid should be behind the cloud. wired. anyway, it's not
in the cloud. :-)

thanks.