POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : df3 creation revisited ... : Re: df3 creation revisited ... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: df3 creation revisited ...
From: Jaap
Date: 27 May 2006 10:35:00
Message: <web.44786354f5631975a8399d8d0@news.povray.org>
"Jaap" <jws### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> David El Tom <dav### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> > Is there an example of a scene showing those black dots?
> found one. (attached)

It's the first few frames of this animation:  (8MB on a slow server)
http://jwstolk.xs4all.nl/wisse/f4animation_test10.mpg

For the reaming frames I disabled most of the clouds.

Note that the problem is not caused by overlapping cloud bounding boxes in
3D, that would be easy to avoid. The problem is when two clouds overlap in
the rendered (2D) image.

of course using less layers for each cloud would allow for some clouds to
overlap, but that makes the clouds look less good.