POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : df3 creation revisited ... : Re: df3 creation revisited ... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: df3 creation revisited ...
From: Jaap
Date: 27 May 2006 10:00:01
Message: <web.44785a8cf5631975a8399d8d0@news.povray.org>
David El Tom <dav### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> concerning your questions:
> it would be quite tedious to modify the source code and tracing all the
> dependencies throughout all the files.
ok.

> Is there an example of a scene showing those black dots?
found one. (attached)

> And which media settings do you use?
> Are you aware, that the docs contain an error in the media section?

I used:
      media{
        scattering{1,GammaColor(C_Sun,0.3)*0.0003*0.75}
        absorption (1-C_SkyBlue_05)*0.001*0.6
        intervals 1 // (or 2)
        density{
          density_file df3 "include/cloud1.df3"
          interpolate 1
        }
      }
I think the problem is with the ~90 layers in the cloud. If you look at the
cloud at an angle it will be 180 layers? I can overlap a small corner of
clouds without running into problems, but it will if two clouds overlap
more than that.

by the way, the clouds look really nice if you fly along them in an
animation!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'water_test_1.png' (403 KB)