POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planets on my patio : Re: Planets on my patio Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:15:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planets on my patio
From: Mike Sobers
Date: 26 May 2006 15:05:01
Message: <web.4477507bbb7e21841009749b0@news.povray.org>
As far as I know, there are two or three objects in the Kuiper Belt that are
up for "planethood".  For now, I decided to stick with the traditional nine
since we don't _really_ know how big these others are or what they look
like.

Mike

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/db_shm?sstr=2003+UB313&group=all

"JC (Exether)" <no### [at] spamfr> wrote:
> Very interesting, it's strange to see how small is our planet.
>
> It would be great to also have the satelites of the other planets (Mars
> has 2, Pluto 1, ans the giant planets have tenth).
>
> Also, you might not know but a new planet was recently discovered, it's
> temporarily named Xena and has a satelite. It is still under discussion
> wether it is a asteroid or a planet, but it's bigger than pluto.
> More info on: http://www.gps.caltech.edu/~mbrown/planetlila/
>
> Mike Sobers wrote:
> > Actually, they're on the patio created by Jaime Vives Piqueres.  Thanks for
> > the great panorama backdrop!
> >
> > Comments/criticism/suggestions always welcome.
> >
> > Mike

> --
> http://sibylone.free.fr

Post a reply to this message