POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ball of Random Boxes : Re: Ball of Random Boxes Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ball of Random Boxes
From: Janet
Date: 24 May 2006 23:50:00
Message: <web.44752918a72e66f4f2f4cea50@news.povray.org>
"Mark Birch" <las### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Nice image & great colours!
Thanks
> But could you have found a harder way to code it?
Yes, I probably could have.
> This code will do the same thing, just put the box in a good starting
> position and let 'rotate' do all the work...
This is a very good point Mark, and now I feel like an idiot for not having
thought of it that way. My thinking started out as using the equation for
the surface of a sphere and it kind of went from there. The matrix
transform is kind of interesting, though. There's a good explanation of it
here: http://www.geocities.com/evilsnack/matrix.htm