POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Strange lighting artifacts with radiosity and area lights : Re: Strange lighting artifacts with radiosity and area lights Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange lighting artifacts with radiosity and area lights
From: Mike Sobers
Date: 22 May 2006 16:20:01
Message: <web.44721c744e6b93f71009749b0@news.povray.org>
Ben Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> Mike Sobers wrote:

> > Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
>
> >     count 60                      // higher -> higher quality (1..1600) [35]
>
> Increase this.  For low end (test) renders, I use 100.  For higher end
> (ie final), I use at least 300 (of course, that's just me).
>
> ...Chambers

Thanks for the tip!  I bumped count up to 1000, and it only changed the
shape/size of the artifacts.  However, you got me thinking, and by dropping
error_bound from 1.8 to about 0.2 the problem is resolved.  Funny thing
though, it seems to be dependent on the pretrace_end size and overall image
size.  Anyone have any suggestions as to what causes this in the first
place?

-Mike

PS - planets are to scale, Earth is the largest of the small ones

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '9planets_small.png' (410 KB)

Preview of image '9planets_small.png'