POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7 beta 12.a extension : Re: 3.7 beta 12.a extension Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:28:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.7 beta 12.a extension
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 17 May 2006 08:25:00
Message: <web.446b159c9dc575ba6c4803960@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sve### [at] jamaica-focuscom> wrote:
> Probably, because always to have setting back the time in order to be able
> starting POV-Ray (beta) is a bit uncomfortable. I agree with Kinnison, but
> same way I know that this will not happen.
>
> Greetings to everyone,
>
> Sven

How many times do we have to go through this.  The betas are meant for beta
testing, pure and simple.  There are very good reasons for it expiring that
have been said over and over again.  The fact that people want to use it for
anything other than beta testing is not the problem of the development team.
 You will just have to live with the discomfort of the betas expiring and
having to change your clock, this isn't going to change. If you truly want
to do beta testing, then you should understand the reasoning of the
development team andrespect that.

-tgq