POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : copper and glass : Re: copper and glass Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:11:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: copper and glass
From: mine
Date: 14 May 2006 21:55:01
Message: <web.4467de7c2d636335a533cc200@news.povray.org>
joh### [at] worldcom wrote:
> On Sat, 13 May 2006 23:06:33 EDT, "mine" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
> >A pic i'm trying to get right (i'm still learning). Do the copper rings
> >look like copper? I think the shadows are too dark as well. Any comments
> >welcome.
> >
> I like the object but not the background.  The reflections on the
> inner ring of copper make it look like a distorted wood texture to me.
> and I think the reflections on the front of the outer ring take some
> of the copper lookk away

Yeah, I was a bit bothered by the background. I took the texture away and
replaced it with grey, but that made the inner part of the inner copper
ring look just plain brown! So to make it look like copper again i put a
glass ball in the center. Trouble is the grey background was boring so i
made it reflective and here is the result.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'abstract3.jpg' (96 KB)

Preview of image 'abstract3.jpg'