POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Experimenting with Greebles : Re: Experimenting with Greebles Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Experimenting with Greebles
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 12 May 2006 14:05:01
Message: <web.4464cd6013a22e088a401a3b0@news.povray.org>
"Mike Williams" <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:
> Inspired by the SOTW discussion of greebles.

Hey Mike, this looks really cool! Only one critique, however: how about
making all the textures dull, and not shiny? Seems to me that if something
was out in space long enough, even if started out shiny, eventually dust
particles (space dust)would make the surface dull.... or am I wrong? Maybe
I've just seen too many space flicks where the spaceships have a flat white
finish, and it always looked convincing.

Maybe some cylindrical sections would be doable?

I agree with Slime's plan for intersecting only a few objects for triangular
sections and leaving the objects which don't need to be intersected out of
the boolean operation. He's also right about intersection of groups taking
longer to compute than intersections of many individual objects.

Anyways, this looks good, and I look forward to seeing more!

~Sam