POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PovRay, Science, and HDRI : Re: PovRay, Science, and HDRI Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay, Science, and HDRI
From: wayne461
Date: 9 May 2006 22:55:01
Message: <web.446154956ea18d9a61fef93c0@news.povray.org>
> Paul Bourke spake:
>
> > I used PovRay to create a number of illustrations for a Vision Research
> > paper
> >    http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/papers/visres/visres.pdf

I just stumbled upon this posting because I saw science metnionned. Nice.
In fact, I stumbled upon your web site last week when trying to learn about
fractals.  I ended up coding PovRay to make those intriguing Peter De Jong
Attractor graphs you have at your site.  One image is below.  Because I set
it up to randomly assign the a,b,c,d vlaues, I added the a,b,c,d values in
the corner so I could remake them if I want.
Thanks for making math fascinating and elegant.
Wayne

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'de jong attractors made into point fields06.jpg' (155 KB)

Preview of image 'de jong attractors made into point fields06.jpg'
de jong attractors made into point fields06.jpg