POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another brick - plus source : Re: Another brick - plus source Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:11:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another brick - plus source
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 5 May 2006 12:45:00
Message: <web.445b80675db93cba1bd1c060@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
> "Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
> > scenes! I've found that no more than 10-20 different bricks make for
> > sufficient variation in a wall.

> Maybe less even, if you consider the possibility of rotating the bricks
> back/front and upside down.... :-)

And don't forget reflections like scale<-1,1,1>

Also 90 degree rotations followed by uneven scaling, but that could ruin the
surface texture.

A thought I just had in line with my sub-bricks idea: two (or more) bricks,
centered on the same point, occupy (almost) the same space. With 10 bricks
you get 45 pairs of bricks, each pair can be combined together in 8
different ways using reflections, giving us 360 combinations in total...

I like this idea! I think I'll play with it in the morning. :)