POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Learning (but not quick enough) : Re: Learning (but not quick enough) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Learning (but not quick enough)
From: nemesis
Date: 5 May 2006 10:15:00
Message: <web.445b5d1f77d0c546b9f2542f0@news.povray.org>
"Marc" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > can anyone tell me whats wrong with this image, The water (which looks like
> > engine oil) is too dark,

Everytime you have strange black spots in your scene, you can quickly think
about raising max_trace_level to above the default value 5 in
global_settings.  I put max_trace_level 10 and it worked ok.

See the manual for more details, and remember to always look at the output
messages from povray for clues for things going wrong... It's displayed in
the Messages tab in PovWin and just regular text output in PovUnix...