POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alphabet blocks : Re: Alphabet blocks Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alphabet blocks
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 3 May 2006 11:25:01
Message: <web.4458c8106490ad381bd1c060@news.povray.org>
These simple children's blocks are starting to get a little bit complex. :)

I've begun work on a new version, which also has number blocks. I've been
thinking of doing punctuation marks, too. Kids these days are exposed to
punctuation marks on keyboards before they learn to write, so why not put
them on blocks? Also, once we have the full ASCII set we can do general
text-to-blocks conversion.

As well as the number blocks, the latest version uses full textures, not
just pigments, and provides simple macros to select a block by its front
char as a string or as an ASCII value.

I've commented the include file extensively, but I think I'd like to retain
the simpler version as well, so that newcomer's aren't scared off when
looking at the code.

Attached is an example of the number blocks, just using the default font and
texture.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'alphablocksa3.jpg' (29 KB)