POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Anyone for Tea? : Re: Anyone for Tea? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anyone for Tea?
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 1 May 2006 12:05:00
Message: <web.4456311f27f8413376ba2c900@news.povray.org>
Bill Hails <me### [at] billhailsnet> wrote:
> I'm not one to brag :-)

You should brag, Bill, this one's so gorgeous I can almost smell it. And I'm
a coffee drinker. :)

> but I think it turned out
> quite well, firstly the composition (golden
> rectangle subdivision),

That golden rectangle idea is intriguing. Somebody here uses the golden
ratio for pseudorandom placement of plants, etc.

> secondly I'm rather proud of that tabletop texture, and thirdly the lighting
> of course.

The table surface looks very realistic to me. I'm scared of using radiosity
with normals on; on this 560MHz machine.

[FWIW, to add some quick pastry or bread to your tea party, look at a
slightly modified version of my sandstone surface & texture, without the
colour overlay].