POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Turtle Graphics in PovRay? : Re: Turtle Graphics in PovRay? Server Time
17 May 2024 18:43:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Turtle Graphics in PovRay?
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 28 Apr 2006 11:40:01
Message: <web.445236b2dc15dabe76ba2c900@news.povray.org>
"Andreas Micheler" <And### [at] StudentUni-Augsburgde> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a 3D Turtle Graphics package for PovRay?
> Or can someone show me, how to write one?
>
> Thanks,
> Andreas

Maybe. Check out this thread, although its almost 10 years old. The link is

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.utilities/thread/%3C347EFFAE.27E0C2EE@evolution.org%3E/?ttop=213550&toff=600

RTEvol supports:

   * definition of L-System tables for parametric, stochastic, and timed
     L-Systems
   * definition of tropism vector
   * mathematical vector and matrix  operations
   * a 3D graphics turtle support
   * freely programmable (POV-) script output via print() function
   * definition of your own functions (C-like)