POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC lazy entry : Re: IRTC lazy entry Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC lazy entry
From: s day
Date: 26 Apr 2006 05:25:00
Message: <web.444f3c66b3946c58feb8dc740@news.povray.org>
Hi Trevor,

> Very nice, I love the texturing.  Great brushed metal on the tuning keys.

Thanks, I actually decided against using normals for the brushed metal
effect as I thought it might not work well enough when viewed close up. I
actually used a difference (a bit OTT but it does look better).

> That's why I rarely get quality renders out.  Halfway through a 24hour
> render I stop it to change something.

I think only my RSOCP images have no errors, normally though after spending
a couple of days rendering I cannot be bothered to stop/start again as I am
usually keen to use my computer for something else. I figure if it took me
that long to notice the problem then most people won't even spot them.

Sean