POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC lazy entry : Re: IRTC lazy entry Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC lazy entry
From: gonzo
Date: 25 Apr 2006 23:55:00
Message: <web.444eedecb3946c5898d758890@news.povray.org>
"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
> This is my IRTC entry for this round (almost) I didn't have a lot of time so
> it is quite simple. Testing my theory that if you use high enough quality
> settings and plenty of focal blur even the simplest image can look good.
> The final entry is still rendering only difference is I have toned down the
> specular highlights on the strings as they look too fake. The image takes
> about 3-4 days to render at 1600x1200 due to blur_samples being set to
> 500.. Even with this there is still a bit of graining on the image.

Nice!  Very convincing on the wound strings, the highlights on the plain
ones look a little soft though.  If you're using phong I'd say a higher
phong_size.

This topic is one I'd really like to participate in, but I've been home only
about a week total in the last two months, so doubt I'll get something done
in time. I've got a couple ideas started, but neither looks like it'll
develop to a point I'd submit it by the deadline :-(

Why, oh why couldn't this topic have waited til next round!

RG