POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sunset clouds : Re: sunset clouds Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sunset clouds
From: Abe
Date: 20 Apr 2006 14:50:01
Message: <web.4447d6edc084a188069ddd30@news.povray.org>
"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote:
> Cool. I think it'd be good to have a taller image with more shown below the
> horizon; my eyes are drawn to the bushes in the lower right and I want to
> see more of them.
>
> Great colors though.
>
>  - Slime
>  [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

You're right, it certainly could have benifited from a vertical format. At
the same time I wanted the sun glare in the image and still see some
diffuse illumination on the tower without zooming too far out. That needed
a wide horizontal viewing angle. As it was I had to cheat.

The trees are a bit strong, and do draw the eye. Unfortunately there is
nothing under them; probably about .5 POV units of nothing. Sloppy scene
building on my part I guess.

Appreciate the comments.

Abe