POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IBL : Re: IBL Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IBL
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 19 Apr 2006 09:35:00
Message: <web.44463bf6f8d220636c4803960@news.povray.org>
> BTW, I purchased a very good mirror ball some months ago, but I found my
> camera only has autofocus, and it refuses to focus the on reflected
> environment, so I can't get a sharp HDRI. The lighting comes out very
> nice, but the reflections are always very blurred... anyone go a trick
> for this situation? Or should I buy a camera with manual focus?

Best to have a camera with manual focus and shutter speed ability.  (I also
use these functions often for regular photography with my camera).
Nowadays you can get digital cameras with these functions for fairly cheap.
 (Better yet you can go DSLR if you have the money...one day... one day...)

> P.S.: I tried to create the HDRI also with MegaPOV HDR output, without
> having to resort to external utilities, but I'm still polishing the
> method. It uses concentric spheres for each exposure shot, and
> successive transparency with increasing ambient values, but it's
> somewhat esoteric to adjust by now.
>
> --
> Jaime

Can you try averaging the images using a weighting appropriate to the
reltive f-stops and camera response curve?

-tgq