POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Can we join together to make a baseball? : Re: Can we join together to make a baseball? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:27:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can we join together to make a baseball?
From: wayne461
Date: 16 Apr 2006 22:50:00
Message: <web.444301f5fe7dfd4346549c6e0@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:

> Anyway I came up with a brute force seam spline which you can find
> posted in p.b.scene-files.  There is also some code there for walking
> the spline and creating a parallel set of points on either side of a seam.

Wow, that spline is great!!!  We are really close.  Thanks for all your
help!!

Okay, so I integrated everything we have so far and put it in the same
thread in p.b.scene file. It looks a little elongated in the y direction.
I don't quite now why but it may be the camera and the "up" or "direction"
I left from the older scene. I rendered it at 2960 by 1920 so the ratio was
the same as 640/480 like in the camera definition.
If I could bother you some more...Part of the code is stil beyond my ability
though.  Did you envision the "cross" as the part of the code allowing me to
walk the spline and make a red cylinder between theparallel set of points on
either side of a seam to make red stiches along the seam?

Here is the work in progress so far:

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'baseball with spline wip.jpg' (56 KB)

Preview of image 'baseball with spline wip.jpg'
baseball with spline wip.jpg