POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Licensing in a 3D app : Licensing in a 3D app Server Time
17 May 2024 07:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Licensing in a 3D app
From: JPulham
Date: 14 Apr 2006 10:45:01
Message: <web.443fb4fe4e5300d93bc944cf0@news.povray.org>
I want to use PovRay as a free 3D plugin renderer as a download from my site
when I release the app. What kind of things do I have to do legaly to
compile a DLL of POV-RAY? If I re-write the code to take pre-loaded memory
textures instead of loading from file (for compatability) and put it in a
DLL can I still lable it as POV-RAY as long as the copyright notices are
kept? Basically... what changes can I make before its not POV-RAY?