POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I can make my own light probes! : Re: I can make my own light probes! Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:26:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I can make my own light probes!
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 13 Apr 2006 09:25:01
Message: <web.443e50e4904771246c4803960@news.povray.org>
Bill Hails <bil### [at] europeyahoo-inccom> wrote:

> They're a bit big to be honest, about 25meg apiece, and somewhat
> embarrasing (I think you cans see yesterdays dirty underwear in
> one of them :-) but I'll be persevering and looking for more
> interesting locations in the near future: sunsets and the like.
> I'll post those as and when.

I've just been playing with HDR a lot recently and have been trying to get
as many different ones as I can.  Let me know if you ever do make any
available.

If you are just using a trial version of Photomatix, you may want to try HDR
Shop (http://www.hdrshop.com/) which is free.  It's the one I've been using
and it has some great tutorials on how to use, including how to make probes
without the camera being visible.

-tgq