POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : using an image_map for media density/color : Re: using an image_map for media density/color Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:12:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: using an image_map for media density/color
From: Kenneth
Date: 11 Apr 2006 03:55:00
Message: <web.443b600adc50c7b3acc8f35f0@news.povray.org>
"Chambers" <bdc### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> Hasn't similar work been done using media voxels?  In any case, this looks
> amazing :)

Thanks!  I didn't know much about voxels at all, but your post  got me
interested, so I looked up the subject.  Fascinating! So THAT's how those
cool super-computer tornado simulations are accomplished...the swirling,
volumetric animations of air masses and densities. (Seems that isosurfaces
are involved as well.) So with POV, we already have the tools to do some
weather simulations!!

Ken