POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : execute povray : Re: execute povray Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: execute povray
From: jofg
Date: 8 Apr 2006 12:05:00
Message: <web.4437defcdb4d21f218e619bc0@news.povray.org>
> On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 23:07:17 -0400, jofg wrote:
>
> > Is there suppose to be a usr/lib folder?
>
> Yes.
>
> > If I do need to create a password, how can I backtrack and create one?
>
> It sounds like you are getting logged in somehow, try 'passwd'.
>
> > Assuming PovRay is working, and if Povray is command line, how is the
> > source for a file created, where is the editor as in Windows?
>
> This is covered in the POV-Ray documentation I pointed you at.  POV-Ray
> for Unix/Linux is different that POV-Ray for Windows.
>
> > I think I should first learn Linux first.
>
> That would be an excellent idea. :-)
>
> > Where is the Netscape Newsgroup?
>
> Not on this news server - try a full news server or a server hosted by
> mozilla.org.  news.povray.org hosts newsgroups for the POV-Ray community,
> not for other software packages or topics.
>
> Jim

Ok

Lost in space, folks.

I just read the unix documentation and all your help responses, Thanks!

Reading is something that I have all too often taken for granted.

I will continue to further read, but now my prime directive is to install my
wireless card so that I don't have to keep switching back and forth between
OS.

Out