POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : povray 3.6.1 and Mac OS-X : Re: povray 3.6.1 and Mac OS-X Server Time
2 Jul 2024 21:49:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray 3.6.1 and Mac OS-X
From: Russell Towle
Date: 8 Apr 2006 01:25:01
Message: <web.443747cedf8ab431b79e3cae0@news.povray.org>
Paul Bourke <pdb### [at] swineduau> wrote:
> There has been some discussion here about PovRay 3.6.1
> compiling under Mac OS-X. I can confirm that it does
> compile "out-of-the-box", I just did it as a test. So,
> if it doesn't for you then I imagine you don't have the
> full developer tools installed. If anyone does does want
> the command line version for Mac OS-X then let me know
> and I'll make a binary available.
> --
> Paul Bourke
> pdb_NOSPAMswin.edu.au

Hey Paul--if you read this after so long a time--I was able to compile POV
3.6.1 on my iMac Core Duo, although a complete idiot when it comes to UNIX.
But I guess XWindows or whatever isn't in my Developer Tools. So there's no
watching a scene render. But files output beautifully.

And it works, under OX 10.4.4 on a Mactel machine.

I wonder what gcc optimizations might be employed in compiling this thing?

Best regards!