POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chalice WIP [78 kb] : Re: chalice WIP Update [79 kb & 41 kb] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chalice WIP Update [79 kb & 41 kb]
From: Tom York
Date: 3 Apr 2006 13:40:00
Message: <web.44315d4dbcea1c5be7c019130@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:

> Thing is, with this model it is too much work
> to edit the mesh so a material with ior can be used.  At least too much
> at the moment.

Probably I am making wrong assumptions, but if you are keeping this mesh in
a separate file and #including it in your main scene file, and it is too
big to comfortably edit, can't that be as simple as using something like
this in the main scene?

object {
  #include "Chalice.mesh" // or whatever;

  interior {
    ior 10
  }
}

No editing of the mesh file required, just an appropriate fresnel reflection
statement for the mesh. Possibly the exponent keyword will be more useful to
you, though.