POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The players (126 k) : The players (126 k) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  The players (126 k)
From: helge h
Date: 31 Mar 2006 10:05:01
Message: <web.442d4483e572b80b1c6902970@news.povray.org>
Here's something I've been working on lately. The sculptures, seagulls and
cat- and dog-figures are added in Photoshop Elements, but all the rest is
POV-Ray. To get correct shadows and reflections I made some thin boxes with
the images of the figures, with the no_image keyword. No radiosity, but I
faked it with some shadowless lights around to get some ambient light and
used light_groups to control it further. Under the chairs are negative
lights to get a deeper shadow. Rendered to 45 x 30 cm at 200 dpi in a
little over 7 hours (400 MHz Mac).

Unfortunately I have trouble with my hands (from excessive use of the
mouse), so it will probably be some time before I do more with POV-Ray.

Enjoy, c&c welcome.

Attachments:
Download 'players.jpg' (123 KB)

Preview of image 'players.jpg'