POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Contrast and radiosity : Re: Contrast and radiosity Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:18:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Contrast and radiosity
From: Lonnie
Date: 22 Mar 2006 15:30:00
Message: <web.4421b2b595142b72cb42fdf90@news.povray.org>
I was thinking of H. R. Giger, to be specific the scene aboard the alien
spaceship with his dead "space jockey" in the original "Alien" movie.  The
style is what I will call Giger-Romanesque.  Very classical with the archs
and pillars, but with Frankenstein laboratory metalwork that just begs for
high voltage.  Far from finished, this is going to be the interior of a
space station.  "Up" in this image will be toward the center of a spinning
ring. The tori above are the initial supports for panoramic viewports.  I
have one more, rather whimsical, render from this angle I'll post - trying
new media tweaks.  Then it'll be a while as I'm learning modeling with
Blender to add details too difficult with SDL.  I want it to look more
"organic."

Lonnie