POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : seek for help about rendering water surface : Re: seek for help about rendering water surface Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: seek for help about rendering water surface
From: lien0n
Date: 21 Mar 2006 21:10:01
Message: <web.4420b0ddb0f87641598059850@news.povray.org>
thanks firstly,

i construct the mesh with marching cube algorithm based on a regular grid,
and the resolution of my grid is 80X40X100.

i check the online help of pov-ray, and it says: Typically values whose
absolute values are less than a preset value epsilon are considered false
for logical expressions. The value of epsilon is system dependent but is
generally about 1.0e-10. Two floats a and b are considered to be equal if
abs(a-b) < epsilon.

so maybe i should save my mesh file with double type, am going to try it,:)