POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Knot world WIP (#3) : Knot world WIP (#3) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Knot world WIP (#3)
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 8 Mar 2006 09:05:01
Message: <web.440ee40c31ec8508731f01d10@news.povray.org>
This is what I've (mainly) been playing with since the last time:
background. The knots are zero-detail stand-ins, included to give an idea
of the whole scene, and the sky is unchanged from the last post. The big
addition is the cloud. I was a little unsatisfied with the empty
background, so I thought that some kind of skyscape could work quite well.
Unfortunately, I've not really used scattering media much, so this has been
a long journey of discovery!

The clouds are elongated spheroid functions (similar to the spherical
pattern), but each point on the surface is pushed around by a granite
pigment function. The distant trefoil is partly inside a cloud, and casts
long shadows through it. This was an accident of placement, I never
intended any of the knots to touch the clouds, but it looks really good so
I think I'll leave it!

Comments are welcome, especially regarding the clouds. I want to make them
as believable as possible :)

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: