POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Custom povray scene file reader (parse.cpp + tokenize.cpp) : Custom povray scene file reader (parse.cpp + tokenize.cpp) Server Time
17 May 2024 06:37:57 EDT (-0400)
  Custom povray scene file reader (parse.cpp + tokenize.cpp)
From: human 2 0
Date: 4 Mar 2006 17:10:01
Message: <web.440a0f1066cd19ab674c36620@news.povray.org>
I want to make a povray scene file reader to convert the files to a
different format.  I thought I could do it from scratch, but I'm finding
little catches all over.  I've not studied lexers much.  I was just
thinking that writing a custom binary with povray's own parse.cpp and
tokenize.cpp would probably be the easiest solution, and have it print out
a list of obects or something like that.

Would this be easier for someone unfamiliar with the povray source code than
writing my own parser?  I code in Perl mostly but can read c++.